1. Help a neighbour with yard work.
2. Help mom and dad clean up after dinner.
3. Bake someone a cake.
4. Bring someone flowers.
5. Invite someone new over for a play-date.
6. Give someone a compliment at least once every day.
7. Clean up the area around you, picking up trash and putting it in the
8. Call your grandparent(s) or other special family members who you do
not see often.
9. Write a note to your parent(s) or grandparent(s) and tell them why
they are special to you.
10. Help around the house without being asked to do so, such as cleaning
your room, taking out the garbage or helping with the laundry.
11. Organize the clothes you don’t wear anymore and donate them to a
clothing drive or shelter.
12. Cook for someone.
13. Write a list of what you are grateful for right now and share it with
14. Restrain from criticizing or saying something negative to anyone this
15. Make your own card for someone you love.
16. Write a poem, song, or note for a loved one.
17. Write a thank you letter to someone who inspired you.
18. Prepare a nutritious snack lunch for a homeless person and give it to
them, saying “have a great day.”
19. Write positive notes about your family or friends and share them.
20. Color a picture, make a craft or send a treat to a senior center or
IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
1. Let someone go before you in line.
2. Hold the door open for someone.
3. Give someone a present for no reason.
4. Help someone load or unload groceries.
5. Help someone garden.
6. Offer someone a piece of gum.
7. Give your seat on the bus to an elderly person.
8. Offer to take your neighbor’s dog for a walk.
9. Collect foods and canned goods for a food bank.
10. Volunteer to be a tutor or mentor in a school, especially if there is an
area in which you can help another student.
11. Donate your unwanted toys and books to the children in need.
12. Write a thank you note to your teacher, your coach, a firefighter,
your mentor or someone who has influenced you in a positive way.
13. Be friendly and strike up a conversation with someone who looks like
they need a friend.
14. Make someone smile.
15. Hide spare change where a stranger will find it within the hour.
16. Pay for someone else.
17. Donate your favourite book to a nearby library with a note inside on
why you love it.
18. Strike up a conversation with an elderly person.
19. Create cards with positive messages and leave them in a coffee shop
for someone to discover.
20. Send a thank you note to a person or business helping the world.
21. Find 3 stories of earth-friendly people and share them.
22. Call an animal shelter and donate at least one item they need.
23. Plant a tree where it will thrive.
24. Offer an inspiring story to someone in the room.
25. Learn a statement of gratitude in another language and share it.
26. Leave flowers on the doorstep of someone you don’t know and run.
27. Connect two friends who had not previously met each other.
28. Make someone’s wish come true.
29. Stand up for someone who is being teased.
30. Post a list of random acts of peace in a public place.