We are living in times of intense crisis and massive global transformation. Everywhere around us is evidence that the old order does not sustain us. Young people know that it is time for change, but rarely are they given the tools they need to be the change we are always asking them to be.
We consider art as a creative and transformative action nurtured by community and intricately connected to the decolonization of self, society, and land. We strive to connect the conversations that occur through the artistic work with active social justice work by engaging the intersections of art and life.
Therefore we commit to:
Creating innovative and inclusive spaces for people to develop the Courage and Creativity to get messy, share vulnerably, stumble and fall together, and the Compassion to lift each other up.
We also commit to developing leadership at all levels of this work that lives and models these commitments in order to achieve more than tokenistic manifestations of peace.
1. Integrate Anti-racism and Anti-Oppression in all program decisions and designs to ensure we are reducing barriers for most vulnerable youth to access public art making
2. Enhance our Process Driven Collaborative Art Making and Conflict Transformation Programs
3. Enhance the development of Youth Arts Space in mentorship with elders
4. Deepen our work on Shared Platforms
5. Provide a space/mentorship for Transformative Initiatives when time and resources permit
6. Enhance our capacity to be a place of learning and development for Professional, Developing, Emerging Artists and Interns
1. Deepen our engagement with the local community to engage most vulnerable youth
2. Increase our Collective Impact with other Community Engaged Arts Organizations and Shared Platform Community of Practice
3. Amplify our Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression Advocacy voice
4. Enhance our capacity to be a place of learning and development for staff, board and volunteers
5. Enhance our Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression Human Resource Commitments
6. Increase financial sustainability and find long term funding for the organization and the Youth Arts Space
7. Re-Imagine and Re-vitalize Inclusive and Safer Space